When your kids or toddlers suffer from pain, you get worried and can feel the pain too. During growth of a kid, Constipation or loose motion is equally possible and natural. Constipation is associated with changing body needs, growth or reaction to something wrong.
Constipation can be very painful, irritating and troubling for your small kids, as they are confused, suffering and unaware too. Therefore, issue of Constipation should not be ignored, or taken lightly.
Some of the common symptoms, that Constipation in Kids includes:
- Severe or Mild Abdominal Pain
- Decreased Appetite
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Irritation and crying while passing stool
- Extending Legs and Forcing buttocks while pooping
- Not passing stool for few days continuously (Irrelevant if only Breastfed)
- Blood in stool, or hard and dry stool
Whenever you observe some of these symptoms, you should be on your feet, as your little toddler needs your attention. There can be various reasons, concerned with surroundings or food habits, which causes Constipation among toddlers, some of the root causes include:
- Shifting from Mother’s Milk to solid food or Cow’s Milk as Toddler turns 6 months
- Some component in diet which caused effect or reaction with growing digestive system
- Having lesser Water intake or dehydration
- ‘Keeping stool in’ deliberately, as he/she don’t like the feeling of pooping.
- Bad Chewing Habits.
- Some medications can cause Constipation too.
As parents, we know that medications and chemical tablets are harmful to the young ones. Where allopathic medications will have instant results, it can be harmful in a long run. Some simple and easy to perform homemade remedies can be a better option.
Ayurveda and our ancient cures hold the key to all these ailments and should be adopted positively. Home remedies, assuring sure results and betterment comprises of these –
- Increase the Fluid Intake. For only breastfed babies, the mother should stay more hydrated and avoid Cow’s Milk. Those children who have started solid intake or juices should be given more fluids.
- To the children more than 6 months old, including Fibre Rich Food, like whole grain, Oatmeal, Flaxseeds, Cooked grains etc. This will help in smooth Stool.
- Stomach Massage can be a better option too; it will help in relieving Constipation. Ensure, pressure should be light and it should not discomfort the kid.
- Exercising or a warm water bath can help passing out of the stool. It will comfort with the pain, as well as the issue.
- Oiling the Anus of kid will also help with the smooth passing of stool.
- Putting warm Betel Leaves over kid’s tummy.
In Addition to these physical solutions, drinking or eating some specific stuff can help with Constipation too.
Kitchen Remedies for Constipation include:
- Prune Juice
- Dates with Milk
- Brown Sugar Solution
- Raisin with Milk or Water
- Ginger and Honey Solution
- Eating Raw Papaya
- Pear, Apple or Orange Juice
- Lukewarm water boiled with Fennel Seeds (Elaichi)
- Tomato Juice
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Honey Water
These easy and effective tricks work great when your kid is suffering from Constipation. These natural Home Remedies for Constipation in kids will help you cure your toddler’s pain and irritation in a healthy way. This is a guide or information sharing article only hence you need to consult a doctor if the there is a prolonged Constipation.