- 1 What is Sugar Pregnancy test and how does it work?
Last Updated on
Missed your period…!!! observing morning sickness, nausea, and dizziness??? Then you could be pregnant and you’re expanding your family. Don’t get anxious, just check the Sugar Pregnancy Test and confirm your pregnancy. Yes, you heard it right, sugar in your kitchen can help you find out whether you are pregnant or not. Many women around the world find out the positive or negative result, just sitting at home, without the need of any medical practitioner.
What is Sugar Pregnancy test and how does it work?
It’s a simple and hassle-free method, to confirm your pregnancy without a penny and without long doctor appointments.
Take sugar crystals and put your early morning urine on that to detect pregnancy. If you are really pregnant, HCG hormone, commonly known as the pregnancy hormone will be present in your urine. This hormone reacts with sugar and form lumps, showing a positive result. HCG(Human Chorionic gonadotropin) hormone prevents sugar to dissolve like in water. If the sugar dissolves, it indicates a negative pregnancy.
- White Sugar from your kitchen cabinet. Fresh and free from impurities.
- Sterilized, dry and clean plastic bowl for testing
- Fresh Morning urine sample in another bowl
- Small clean spoon or new dropper
You can predict your pregnancy status, easily at home using this Sugar Pregnancy test. Just follow the steps below to find the result.
- Take a clean bowl and add few spoons sugar crystal into it.
- Then collect your first urine in the morning in another bowl.
- Add that urine to sugar bowl using spoon or dropper.
- Leave it for a few minutes to observe the changes.
Sugar Test Results
Once you add urine to the sugar bowl, wait for a few minutes like up to 5 minutes. After that, if you find sugar forming lumps or sugar without dissolving at the bottom of the cup, this indicates a positive result. This means you are Pregnant.
When sugar crystals come in contact with urine, and if they start dissolving in no time, it indicates a negative result. This means that you are not Pregnant and your urine sample doesn’t contain any HCG hormone.
Things to follow before going through Pregnancy tests for accurate results
Try to follow the points below for sure to experience accurate pregnancy result. Even though experts don’t have 100% proofs to showcase Sugar Pregnancy test at home is 100% accurate. But many experienced women around the world believe that Sugar Pregnancy test at home is 98% accurate to predict your pregnancy even at 6 weeks.
Following these tips help you to get accurate results for a Pregnancy test at home:
- Always try to take Sugar Pregnancy test with your first urine sample, as soon as you get up in the morning.
- Make sure you don’t pee every hour at night. This alters the result.
- Early morning first urine contains high amounts of HCG hormone, then remaining hours of the day. The high amount of hormone helps to detect pregnancy positive case easily and accurately.
- Choose plastic or non-reactive blow to add sugar or to collect urine for highest accuracy.
- Take pure sugar crystals without impurities for the perfect pregnancy result.
- Unsterilized bowls or contaminated spoons lead to misleading results.
- Do Sugar pregnancy test only after you miss your period, like after 4-6 weeks after your last period.
- Early pregnancy test mostly leads to a negative result, due to less hormone content.
- If your result is negative and still you missed your period, then do re-test after a week. For a few women, the hormone may be undetectable during early stages of pregnancy
What to do after a Pregnancy test at home?
If your result is positive, then hearty congratulations…!!! Welcome to Motherhood.
The sugar Pregnancy test is not always a reliable way to confirm your pregnancy. So, get a home pregnancy kit, and recheck with your urine sample for strong confirmation. Two dark lines show you the positive result on the kit, immediately book gynaecologist appointment for a happy pregnancy.
If your result is negative, don’t worry. Just recheck after a week. Sometimes early pregnancy test also shows a negative result. Check after you complete 4 weeks from your last period date. You may find a positive result because the HGC hormone keeps on doubling every hour after 5weeks.
If your result is negative even after the second test, then your period may be delayed due to stress levels or hormonal changes. Wait for another week and visit your doctor to check your menstrual cycle. For a few women, pregnancy can’t be detected only through a blood test. So, all these tests can be made only by a professional doctor. Get to the doctor immediately.
Hope you get the process to perform Sugar pregnancy test easily at home. It’s an inexpensive and quick method to find out the result. But the accurate result and pregnancy confirmation can be made only by your personal gynaecologist.